Monday, December 1, 2014

December Make ~ V8939

Oh how I love December! So I am so excited to make my "Dress for Christmas" for this months theme. It's a quiet stay at home Christmas for us this year so this will be a comfy wear for when I eat too much food!

Inspired by the fabric choice of Tracy H for her November make (Thanks Tracy!) I hunted for similar and found this festive knit of which I am going to make the Dress, View D, from my Old Faithful Sewing Pattern Vogue 8939 which happens to have the most uninspiring pattern envelope ever! I am also going to add a hem flounce to this version.

Happy December Sewing Everyone!
Dawn :)x

6 comments:

  1. Great choice of fabric if I do say so myself. The. green gives the print a lift. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is great Tracy. Thanks for sharing the fabric ;) xx

      Delete
  2. looking forward to seeing this, a pair of boots are just crying somewhere to join it lol!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps its a good excuse for a new pair then... ! ;)x

      Delete
  3. I've got this pattern - the dress is a really good basic and should be just right for this fabric. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. I love the dress in this pattern. Its one of the few I have used several times. I agree, It's a good basic and having made it so many times, it fits me to a tee! :)x

      Delete