Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December "Festive Dress"

Newlook 6071. I had another pattern in mind from Burdastyle- but I can't find it and I've wasted 3 days looking for it. I looked this up on the Pattern Review Website and there is no shortage of reviews, it seems to be highly recommended. Sadly, now out of print. I scanned over the instructions and it was looking a bit convoluted. I'm a bit nervous because I really like this fashion fabric. It's a velvet burnout with a lot of body. I don't think I have it in me to figure out how to make a lining for it so I might just make a separate slip. I like to dress up for Christmas dinner and this will fit the bill for a " festive" - yet classic, little black dress. I will make the dress with 3/4 length sleeves and I might just lengthen the hemline a few more inches too.


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric. It will make a very stylish LBD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies, I hope it will ft - I just cut it out and I'm thinking it may have very small seams!!!! Gotta re- measure myself or this could start getting costly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this will look lovely. I hope all goes well with the re-measure

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - I've seen you figure out all sorts of things, so I think if you take it step by step you will be fine. Maybe a trial run of the tricky bodice bit out of some scraps of something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be beautiful.. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete