I then moved on to McCall's 6964, a basic knit top.
This is Palmer/Pletsch pattern with lots of helpful fitting instructions. I read through the instructions before starting the project. I did not really refer to them after this as if you have made a simple knit top then you pretty much sew on autopilot.
I had to make several adjustments including swayback, FBA, forward shoulder, and length adjustments. I ended up removing an inch from the back through the waistline area, then trued this up and added to the side seam.
Here are a few shots of the completed top. The bodice fabric is from EmmaOneSock and the black is somewhat of burnout knit that I think I purchased from Fabric.com.