Sunday, November 9, 2014

November plans. October? To be continued!


This picture tells it all: in November I will make a lined Dahlia dress in a blue and burgundy plaid. I'll start with a muslin first as I've seen quite some fitting issues on the internet, especially with neckline and sleeves of this pattern.

In case you're wondering what happened to my October plans, well, my French jacket will need some extra months of serious sewing! I did write a series of posts about design choices, thread tracing, quilting and constructing techniques in case you're interested in making a couture cardigan jacket. 

The hairy mess will now go into hibernation till February!



4 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric for your Dahlia dress. I have some check fabric I'd like to use but I haven't bought the pattern yet. Looking forward to seeing yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. Just keep on sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric and good luck on the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand the need to have a breather from the jacket - but it will be a great pick up and put down job inbetween other sewing, especially now the quilting is done:)

    ReplyDelete