Saturday, September 27, 2014

October's theme

As you are all probably aware by now, the monthly theme in this community is not a rule to be followed, but is there for those of you who want an imaginative source of inspiration.  Of course, you can also do your own thing entirely, it's quite up to you:)

So, October - the meaning of the month is rather uninspirational, it just means ten.  I didn't think it fair to suggest ten garments for the month, so I thought about October's birthstone instead. The birthstone is Opal. That did it.  Opal radiates all sorts of colours, it's opalescent and sends lovely colour rays in all directions. Some opals are pastel and translucent, and some (the fire opals) are quite deep in colour.

So, this month, for those of you looking for inspiration, what about lots of colour, whether pretty and pastel or dramatic and colourful.  And make sure it is a garment that really shines on you.

All for now, good luck with your imagination, or failing that (and I'll probably fail that this month with the last assignment due, and work obligations), good luck with whatever it is you are planning. 

Sarah Liz :)

3 comments:

  1. My birthday is in October and Opal is my birthstone. Unfortunately I don't have any fabric in my stash in those beautiful colours but I hope my choice for this month will be colourful enough. Good luck with your plans, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lots of colour! This sounds fun :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like opals and I like the idea of a theme that I may actually follow...as opposed to attempt to follow...

    ReplyDelete