Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Little Something for September

Look at me, posting a September garment before midnight on the 30th!

 
I had a little burst of sewing activity once we got back from our Portland road trip. One of my finished items is this version of A Little Somethin' Jacket from CNT Patterns.


I treated myself to the pattern while we were visiting Ashland, seeing Two Gentlemen of Verona. The fabric shop had a few samples made up, and I thought it looked like an easy, swing-y layer for that summer to fall transition.

I used a nice, weighty rayon jacquard that's quite possibly the oldest fabric in my stash. I think it's soft and pale enough to fit in with September's Sew Seventh Heaven theme. And the fabric probably thinks it's died and gone to heaven, now that it's finally been released from the fabric closet, free to enjoy the fall sunshine.

My review of the pattern is at PatternReview.com here, and there are a few more pictures over on my blog, if you're interested!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty jacket! A color to blend with those Fall colors~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jacket.. Know you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this jacket. It looks elegant and comfy at the same time.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete