Wednesday, August 20, 2014

SAME SKIRT, NEW LOOK

I haven't had time to really get into my sewing like I'd like too, but hopefully soon!I'm slowly but surely losing a little weight, that's another post, another time lol! anyways I took a skirt that I'd made two years ago that now claps around me like  a bell although I looked like  the bell & clapper all in one in the before picture lol! oh sorry back to the skirt lol! I pulled out a new pattern that I'd bought  a while back, took my skirt apart stitch by stitch, not knowing how many inches  I'd need  for my new size, took a deep breath & cut! whew! looking how wide the skirt "was" & how narrow the pattern  looked was kinda scary! but I went for it! taa daa!
 you can read more about my scary skirt adventure here
Helen

http://nannastreasures.blogspot.com/2014/08/now-which-one-to-wear.html

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks BeaJay! the skirt looked familar to hubby but he couldn't put his finger on it till I told him I cut it down lol!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Love that white cardi with it... congrats on the weight loss..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Judy! I'd bought the cardi a while back, you never know when you'll need one lol! Belk now has them clearance in all colors less than $10

      Delete
  3. Pretty skirt looks great with top and cardigan. Well done with the weight loss. What a good idea to refashion some of your old clothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tracy! I've got a few more moo moo skirts lol that I want to cut down & there's some total refashions in my future, I want to play with dying my own fabrics as well
      Helen

      Delete
  4. That's the think with losing weight - you can cut a skirt down - so now you can't put that weight back on Helen - you can't recut the skirt larger :)

    It looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice fit! The complete outfit is interesting with this blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Dot! if you look close enough you can see there's a van behind me lol I love paint shop for photos you can airbrush anything out of the pic, still got some tornado damage to the left of me under all the airbrushing lol!

    ReplyDelete