Thursday, July 17, 2014

Penny Pinafore July Dress

I completed the Kitschy Coo Penny Pinafore Dress last week end.  I wore it to work on Tuesday and I was pleased with the wearability test.  I really like how the dress drapes over the body and the pattern style helps give an illusion of shape.  The fabric is from EmmaOneSock.  I may decide to take a deeper seam from waist to bottom of the dress as it felt like during the day the knit fabric got looser.  It may be due to the weight of the knit and I got the feeling that it was stretching more as it hung off the body during the day. It is washable and I may see some shrinkage after washing and will make the decision about deeper side sides or not.

This is a independent pattern and I highly recommend it.  The sizing seems to be spot on.  I plan to make another version of the dress for fall.



9 comments:

  1. Very nice! (and so slimming!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great and colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour combination and such a va-va-voom shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great dress, and flattering too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very flattering dress - the lines and blocking are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress..Looks nice on you.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love your dress! The color combination is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete