Tuesday, July 8, 2014

M. Inez - Composite Post: June + July Completed Garments

HELLO EVERYONE! I've been MIA but I'm alive. I've been crazy stupid busy the last month or so. I HAVE been sewing. Just not finding time for pictures and blogging. The good news is, things are finally starting to simmer down. The other good news is, I've actually managed to complete multiple garments but I'll only share one from each month here.

For June I completed another version of M6953. This is View A. I really like this pattern. It's seldom that I like every single version on a pattern but I do indeed plan to make the other two versions. You may recall I made View C in May.


For July, I actually have completed several garments already - I entered the pattern stash contest on Pattern Review which runs from July 1-31 but for my official garment for the MAGAM Challenge, I'm sharing this dress - New Look 6023.

I had seen several border print dresses and I really wanted to make one. I searched the web and found quite a few floral border prints. However I wanted to step a little bit outside of my comfort zone and chose this tropical print which is not something I would typically choose. The fabric is by Michael Miller and there are a couple others that I plan to purchase also. While I'm doing the pattern contest I'm also challenging myself to sew from my fabric stash. (I know I've said that before). This was my one exception.

More details on these and other garments I completed in the month of June on my blog Inez's Craft Room.  Happy Sewing! ~m

10 comments:

  1. Two lovely dresses the border print certainly gives the dress a wow factor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both dresses are lovely. Great use of the border print. And nice shoes too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karine. I've had these shoes for several years and have barely worn them because they are such an odd shade of green. But this was one of those instances where they really didn't need to match exactly because there's so many colors in the print.

      Delete
  3. I really like both of these dresses and the way you've styled them. You can wear anything and it'll look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so lovely - quite different moods and styles. Moving out of your comfort zone certainly worked - still a very elegant dress, but so eyecatching :)

    ReplyDelete