Sunday, July 20, 2014

July "Extra" Project





This is what I'll call an emergency project, LOL.  Remember the 1940s Blouse I made for June, I think?  Well, I couldn't stand the first red pencil skirt that I made to go with it.  It was a thrifted table cloth and I got beside myself when cutting it out.  Decided I wanted it more "form fitting" . . . shooot, I sewed that skirt up and could hardly get it over my hips.  To top it all off, there was a stain, or some kind of paint on it that I could not remove.  Oh, I wore it the afternoon that I made it while vowing to make another.

Decided to hand sew one while visiting with my new granny.  I like this one much better.  :-)

As usual, click for pics and details if you will.


http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/07/20/red-pencil-skirt/


Cheers,

Lyric

P.S.  Stay tuned for the completion of my original July garment:  the hand sewn Regency day dress.  I'm just about done, simply need some finishing touches; i.e., sleeve hem and front closure.

4 comments:

  1. Great to sneak in an extra little make - and this skirt looks great - it dows help to be able to walk in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to find out, Lady Sarah, I walked just fine. Though I still think the kick pleat is classy and classic.

    K, time to get home, clean house, and re-set up my sewing studio. I closed it down before I left (don't walk folk messin' in my stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you are able to enjoy this one and wishing you the best with completing the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy DotDot. I needed it.

      Delete