Thursday, July 31, 2014

August Stash Buster


Well, August is here.  August is named after Augustus Caesar, the first Roman Emperor. What, you might well ask, has that got to do with stashing and stashbusting?

The answer is simple.  I didn't think we would want to make Roman togas, so I thought sideways.  August also stands for majestic, noble, venerable, impressive. Again, not much use.  But then while I was thinking August, I thought of Augustine.  The Saint.  The name has to come from the Latin August and its derivatives - and as it is years since I have done any Latin grammar, please forgive me if I don't conjugate a whole list here.

But, St Augustine is known for a very venerable piece of work - "The Confessions of St Augustine".  Now what it is he confessed is beside the point, but it led me to think of what all sewers have put aside.

The Stash.  We often feel guilty.  We sometimes even confess our sins to other sewers who confess their sins to us.

So, I thought this month we could confess our sins and do a little stash-buster garment, and then feel better about ourselves :). 

Have fun,

Sarah Liz :)

9 comments:

  1. I always love your monthly themes and the thoughts you share about them. Thank you Sarah Liz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Love the process you went through to get to this theme. I'll be pondering my choice for August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you would, Melwyk, I don't know why :)

      Delete
  3. Great blog! I will have to think about this one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thank you for mentioning the stash, as I have just finished cleaning the closet and felt as if I was being punished for my purchases (mainly my fabric stash). Ha, that's ok because I just finished visiting the fabric sale online. No Purchases!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great concept for more than this month!

    ReplyDelete