I never posted any plans for May because I had no idea how much time would be available for sewing. I had no direction either. As it turns out, there was more time than expected but direction remained lacking. I sewed up both shorts and long pants from Butterick 5044.
Both comfy, neither worth photographing.
I made a baseball style raglan sleeve shirt from Kwik Sew 2874.
Again, comfortable and wearable but nothing too exciting, even if I did use a thrifted Kansas City Royals t-shirt to get the logo on the front.
Then I switched to the Plantain t-shirt, a free download from Deer and Doe. It is definitely on fire in the sewing blogoshere. Going by measurements, I cut a 36 grading to a 38 at the hips. It was uncomfortably tight in the chest so I let out the seams and while it was better, it still wasn't great. It was a perfect fit for the eldest daughter so it hangs in her closet now. The second try went up a size and again I had to let out the seams around the bust line for comfort. It's still too tight but I think that's just a result of the pattern design. It's described as fitted in the shoulders and apparently I simply don't like that feeling. I do like the way the bottom swings out, though, so I may morph that bottom part onto another t-shirt pattern, maybe the Renfrew, to see what happens. Anyway, here it is in all it's gaudy glory.