Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Garment not the One Planned

In previous months, I  resisted  posting a "planned " garment for fear I would change my mind. This month I had planned to make a faux leather moto jacket and after working on it for a while, I decided it would be too late to wear it by the time I finished it so I set it aside and it will become my September garment.

Instead I made a plaid linen trench as my main garment for May and have worn it and love it. For the details please look here.



See you next month!


12 comments:

  1. Diana, that's what I love about sewing plans - they can always change, just like the seasons :). I'm like you, sometimes I work quietly on my more ambitious projects and post the plan when I'm confident:).

    It is a gorgeous trench - wish I could find some fabric like this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Liz. I had this fabric for at least five years and always wanted to make a trench with it. Goes to show that it's better late than never.!

      Delete
  2. I love your trench, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your coat. Beautiful plaid matching, all that time spent was worth it. I need to buckle down and make a jacket. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Now that I'm finished I plan to make nice easy summer things!

      Delete
  4. Nice work! Beautifully matched, looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  5. It meets your needs for right now and it's absolutely stunning. I like the way you are styled with that pop of red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks fabulous! Enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete