Sunday, June 29, 2014

June skirt - a floral finish

I'm trying to sew mostly from stash but occasionally a piece of fabric jumps off the shelf or screen at me.  This bright floral linen blend was one of those.  I brought it home, washed and dried it and made it up quick as could be.  I chose Simplicity 1717, an a-line skirt with big pockets.



Had to jam my hand in the pocket so you could see it.  They disappear a bit in that busy print.

I like the skirt -it's a good fit and very comfortable.  I certainly have my choice of colors for tops!  I recommend the pattern though I'd advise tweaking the angle of the a-line if your fabric doesn't drape.  I think a stiffer fabric would stick out quite a bit.

11 comments:

  1. nice finish! I would of went with the red blouse too, love red! lol! the pockets being on the outside makes it look like a very quick sew
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great summer skirt with so many options of what to wear with it and pockets too - perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great pattern, love the big pockets. And the cheerful fabric is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skirt. I've never noticed this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun skirt for summer and turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabric, great style and practical pockets. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you had to buy this fabric - it's so happy and cheerful for summer. The pockets are wonderful - always missing on RTW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice skirt and the complete outfit is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind comments, everyone. Even the husband noticed I was wearing something new so that print must REALLY be an eye catcher !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new skirt is so pretty and perfect with the red tank. Love the fit, and especially love the pockets!!! You look ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete