Sunday, June 29, 2014

June LBD

 Hello everyone !

Here is my June me-made : my first LBD. I was very reluctant to make this because I find it so difficult to sew black thread on black fabric. It took a long time to make it only because my eyes were sending some rebellious messages to my brain each time I was approaching the sewing machine ! But it's over and I'm pleased with the result. I had bought the pattern a few years ago, and the fabric was originally bought to make trousers. I think they match perfectly. The drape is very good.
Now, let's think about July project !
Happy sewing,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/karamiel/

9 comments:

  1. Great dress. It seems to fit you like a glove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely a great fit. I like the side effect. I know what you mean about sewing with dark plain colours they certainly don't lift your spirits like. Prints and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I like the side pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! It looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well done, - yes, sewing black is so difficult, especially with older eyes. But you have done well - this looks superb, fits nicely, stylish, great pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Loving those beautiful pleats :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute dress and the fit is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete