Thursday, June 26, 2014

June garment(s)

I was going to try and sew a dress for this month's Make a Garment a Month challenge, but then decided to finish an off white linen jacket that I had started back in 2003 and to make a pair of pants to go with it.





I did "make" a dress this month, too, but only by starting with a blue linen dress and jacket that I purchased for $10 in a thrift store, however I spent so much time remodeling that that I thought it at least deserved to be included in this month's blog at http://suzyssewingsite.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Nice save of the jacket. It's astounding the fabric was still available so you could finish up the outfit. It looks gret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your linen jacket turned out great. Doesn't it feel like an acomplishment when you complete a project you started sometime ago? Sound like you got alot of productive sewing time in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your jacket.. Doesn't it feel great to finish a garment that was started long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This garment style has certainly stood the test of time - I'm glad you went back to it and finished it, it looks great, and suits you nicely.

    ReplyDelete