Friday, June 27, 2014

June Garment M6887 complete

I completed my June garment of the month-finally.  M6887 is a nice dress pattern and instructions are well written; yet I did sewing sequences and lining different from their directions.  Yesterday I wore the completed garment to work and I had a late evening meeting and the dress held up well.  It is cotton stretch woven fabric from EmmaOneSock.  I was able to take some photos before leaving for work yesterday.



The dress has lots of seams which allows for fitting tweaks, which I took advantage of.  I also used lining techniques that allowed me to attach much of the lining by machine; I am not a good handstitcher nor couture sewist.  I have no ambitions toward that.  


8 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabric. Looks as if you took full advantage of all those seam lines and got a gret fit. Congrats on a great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dress, the fabric is pretty, and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic - beautiful fit, beautiful fabric, beautiful style and suits you beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and summery - you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the nice compliments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dress looks really lovely, fits well and really suits you

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you got a lovely fit. I can't be doing with hand stitching large parts either!

    ReplyDelete