Thursday, May 15, 2014

My May Project: Something completely different

Every year my husband and I go to a black-tie gala at one of the Smithsonian museums. This year the event will be at the Portrait Gallery/Museum of American Art. Every year I make a gown to wear, along with matching vest and tie for Bob. This year's gown will be my May project. The fabric I chose is... quite a departure from anything I've done before.

Not quite sure what the dress will look like yet, but I'll be documenting it on my blog and will post a picture here when it's done.

8 comments:

  1. Wow. That fabric! We will all stay tuned awaiting whatever it is you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun.. Can't wait to see what you make..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh - excitement !

    Looking forward to the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and interesting fabric choice. Waiting to see this lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy- amazing fabric, waiting holding my breath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome fabric! I will hkeep an eye on your blog to see what pattern you're going to use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How liquid looking - this will look wonderful - waiting for the full story...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great fabric I'm not sure I would know where to start so looking forward to seeing what you make of it

    ReplyDelete