Saturday, May 3, 2014

May's Make A Garment A Month


A 1940's retro blouse.  Top right view.  I just made one for the Sew For Victory challenge and had such a good time of it decided to do yet another style.

This will be another wardrobe builder piece as I am changing my wardrobe over to 1940s/1950s.  The challenge in this month's garment is that according to the pattern I may not have enough fabric.  Click and read about it over at my blog.

http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/05/03/simplicity-1590-retro-blouse/

Cheers,

Lyric

8 comments:

  1. \great fabric choice for this pattern; the print is perfect :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :), Thanks Dawn WH. Get this I got it from a thrift store for something like .50! How cool is that??!!!!!

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  2. I like the fabric and the blouse. Which view will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne,

      Top, right view. Not the tie back one.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to love this blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, Sharon. I've got to see what your May project is.

      Delete
  4. That's a really pretty blouse - the tie at the back is going to give it a great shape. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart. But at my age I'd not opt for a tie back (and with this gut, LOL). I am doing upper right version, Lady Sarah Liz.

      Thanks for visiting. ;-)

      Delete