Sunday, May 18, 2014

May project complete

I completed my second version of New Look 6150.  The first was one I made that I wore through the fall and some of the winter.  This version is a lighter color and definitely one for spring/summer.
This fabric did meet the stretch requirement as noted on the back envelope.  My first version I realized had more stretch so a little looser fit.  When I tried on after basting the side seams, I felt that it was tighter than I preferred.  I ended up taking 3/8 side seams instead of 5/8.   I did use the ruched sleeve again and here is a close up of the sleeve ruching, created by stitching elastic to the center seam of the front and back sleeve.
I used up all of this fabric which I acquired several years ago from Vogue Fabric's online store.




1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty top - and, Yes, I think a softer drape is just right for this fabric .

    ReplyDelete