Friday, May 30, 2014

June - a special time for sewing


Hello everyone - I can't believe the year is now almost half over.  Those of you in the Northern Hemisphere are entering summer, we in the Southern Hemisphere are going into winter.

June is named after Juno, the Goddess of  marriage and the well-being of women.  I thought that was really fitting for us, because the this blog is about the sewing well-being of it's members - to encourage us all to sew something, each month, just for ourselves.  It's not just about sewing, but the making time and space to look after your own needs, not those of everyone else.  For your well-being..

June is also summer, heralding bright and radiant days.  Not so down in the southern hemisphere, but bright and radiant thoughts and colours are needed :).

So, this month, celebrate your sewing - make something you have always wanted to make, or make up something in a colour that suits you, or make something you know you will feel good in.

Or just celebrate your sewing in any way you want to :)

Sarah Liz

14 comments:

  1. I'll see what I can do.... My sewing mojo is returning after a long break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leonie, I wondered what happened to you - sewing mojo does sometimes need a break, and I also suspect life gets busy sometimes. Welcome back.

      Delete
  2. O dear, just when I was thinking of sewing something black after my last colorful makes ;)
    Well, I'd better make sure I 'll feel good in it to stay with the theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, every light side has to have a dark side - so maybe you will explore this feminine option! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for doing this, Sarah Liz. I love being around encouragers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Sarah Liz, for these fun monthly themes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sarah,
    It is always fine with you,gaving us the taste of beautifull things and courage to work.
    Yes,here ,we are waiting for sun and heat,it is the time for weddings,and the D-Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JBB, I think the courage with sewing comes from us all sewing together.

      Delete
  6. Love this theme...and I have just the thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely !!!! Looking forward to seeing it soon :)

      Delete