Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I finally did it.... My first Monthly Challenge in Knit


Binding V Neckline
Finally did it in Knit... My first monthly challenge (May), and I am a very happy camper.  Cut, tweak the pattern, sew and completed all in one day. I actually noticed,  I completed this blouse in 9 hours.  It was  a smooth sailing on the sewing machine, don't you love it when you are sewing and everything is falling or so stitching in the right place.  I had a bit of trouble with the binding for the neck area.  But, I am taking an online class for interfacing, so my skills should improve by the next time I am up to the challenge of binding a V neckline.   


I bought the fabric at my locate Joann's and the patterns is from my HUGE stash of patterns- Simplicity 1916. Fabric is very stretchy in rayon blend .

Check out my tweaks of the pattern at my blog:  http://adoreseamstress.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first make for MAGAM. Looks great, and you did a good job of making the neckline work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyric ooohing and ahhhing at the soft, pretty colors. Kudos on conquering the knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job with first time sewing knits. As you continue to sew knits, you will get more and more confident in what you are doing. Your top looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete