Monday, May 19, 2014

Complementary Garment for May's MAGAM: Red Pencil Skirt from Table Cloth!!!!

I couldn't resist making a red skirt to go with my 1940s peplum, gals.





Excited to take the peplum on a spin I made this skirt Sunday morning so I could wear the ensemble to worship that morning at 10:00 a.m.  It is simply a tapered skirt with elastic waistband; no kick pleat and I eliminated side pockets.  This was repurposed from a tablecloth!  I am sure it is a polyester fabric.

It was comfy and I enjoyed wearing it.  Seriously got a love affair with piping going on, LOL.  Now to tackle making it myself with matching fabric on an upcoming garment.

As always, more pics on the blog.


http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/simplicity-1590-retro-blouse/

Cheers,

Lyric

5 comments:

  1. You are really on a sewing roll, Lyric. The skirt is lovely - and I'm a great believer in the elastic waist for a quick skirt make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lady Sarah Liz:

      Yes, I was. Had sew much to do last several months in preparation for a sojourn to welcome my new granddaughter into this world (June, 2014). Between sewing for me, crocheting for her, learning to quilt (my first quilt was a Baby Rag Quilt for her) my fingers have been in a whiz with keeping up with my MAGAM challenge commitments. It's been a blast!

      Now, June is upon us and I've known what I am going to do for a while. It'll be a doozey, giggles. I'm excited. Can you tell?

      As always, thank you for the encouragement.

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  2. WOW ! So beautiful! I love the contrasting trim. I can't wait to make this pattern for myself. Great job !

    ReplyDelete