Thursday, May 1, 2014

Burda magazine
While military styles are still trending I will have a go with this Burda magazine version. I am using a coated cotton duck almost like a canvas. I have no idea where this fabric came from- possibly a drunken fabric shopping spree? I will omitt the belt as they tend to wrinkle my clothes underneath. I might put an elastic casing in the back for shaping.....?
For the sleeves I will use this faux quilted leather and I will omit the cuffs. I might use it for other portions but have not worked out all the details.
I will under line it - I think - with a bright colour of something silky. I'll have to see what I have in my stash.
I will be posting the trials and tribulations on my Blog.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it! Looks like a big order, but you can handle it. Not I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O! That last sentence kind of looks like I said, "Not!!" What I mean is, I don't think I could!

      Delete
    2. Lol, I took it the right way;) ya thinking I bit off more then I can chew!

      Delete
  2. You are very brave! I don't think I would tackle it. Look forward to following your trials, with no tribulations I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave no just stupid ! I don't over think things like this. I just take it one step at a time. I break it into blocks Of time- ie; pocket time or sleeve time and the next thing you know it's all coming together , otherwise I get over whelmed. I don't really wear many fitted clothes so I get my fix making coats

      Delete
  3. Well, this will be quite a challenge - so I shall wish you luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. I made an olive one in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing your jacket.

    ReplyDelete