Friday, May 16, 2014

1940s Retro Style Blouse for May is Done!

Here's my attempt at "posing"!  Giggles.  Since working to build "a better blog" boy do I appreciate the skill of fashion photographers.  This stuff ain't easy, dolls and guys.

I was considering shoulder pads but Noodlebump didn't think they were necessary.  Looking at the doll on the pattern package . . . well, you know how that is.  She's a size 1 and I'm a 24.  Anywho, more photos and info about my garment making mayhem is over at my blog.  Click the link below, please.  Oh, and comment to your hearts desire.


http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/simplicity-1590-retro-blouse/

Now, I'm outta here to go check out the other gals' May outfits!  That's the fun part too.

Cheers,

Lyric

P.S.  Sew, know what you're gonna do for June?  I do . . . snickles.

11 comments:

  1. I like your pose! You look like you are having fun with your new top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chica. I always have fun! ;-)

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  2. Great photo such a fun pose for a lovely fun top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks, Tracy H. I am wearing the top today for worship this morning and it is oh so comfy.

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  3. Yes, a smile brings a smile. Like your happy top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Dorothy DotDot! ;-)

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  4. You're a natural!! I agree, photo's are hard work to get right - and so is building a better blog.
    This top is really nice and suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lady Sarah Liz!

      Thanks to our challenge my finger have been flying monthly guiding fabric over the feed dogs on my handcrank sewing machine. Thank YOU for thinking of hosting MAGAM.

      Now, I've just reminded myself that I want to make a list of projects for the rest of 2014.

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  5. Great pose! I've just recently tried out a tripod. Wow, it's hard! I'm always looking silly, pointing to the camera with a clearly visible remote and when I like a picture I'm usually out of focus. So now I take a gazillion pics and hope for the best! Posing, another thing to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, right, Marianne! ;-)

      You just reminded me that I do own a tripod, duh. Perhaps I'll remember it at some point going forward. Meanwhile, thanks for the comp.

      Hey, maybe I'll make that my monthly "thing"; seeing what pose I can come up with to complement the garment for the month. Speaking of which I'd love to come across a vintage (1940s/1950s make-up guide for Black women). I've seen them for other ethnicities.

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  6. love your blouse and your pose .. Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete