Thursday, April 10, 2014

March MAGAM; Gertie's Portrait Blouse - Completed!



**  I am republishing this post because my baby did not get included in the March finished items (pouting).  Hoping perhaps this'll make her get seen.  I think from now on I am going to go back to two posts per garment; one at the beginning of the month and one when it is completed.  The gals who do it that way get featured.  Yup yup!

Without further ado . . .

I've been looking online to find out the origins of the portrait blouse.  I don't know if it is vintage styling or entirely from Gertie's mind, but it sure looks like it.

I turned to something better than my stash to make this.  Get this . . . the yardage is a tablecloth that I had made into a circle skirt. I am repurposing it into the portrait blouse. 

3-31-2014

This blouse went together so easily.  It was comfortable to wear and there will be plenty more coming out of my sewing room.  Without further ado . . .


Selfies are not the easiest things to take.  Didn't feel like pulling out the tripod.  Oh, and this photo was taken after having wore the cotton Portrait Blouse all day.

More photos on my blog.  Read the yummy details on my blog please: http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/portrait-blouse/

Cheers,

Lyric

6 comments:

  1. This has been on my list of to-sew. You can pave the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, Annie Case Hanks,

      You've given me even more incentive to "git r done". Been crocheting for my upcoming granny girl (and making a first quilt, first for me to learn how to quilt, and first for her when she arrives) and sewing has been getting the back burner.

      Delete
  2. Very cute top. I never would have guessed that it had been a tablecloth. Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be posting this into the gallery for March tomorrow - and visiting your blog tomorrow, so pout no more. If I ever miss something, just let me know :).

    This will be such a cool top to wear in summer- and already nice and soft - great use of a tablecloth - as Jessica said, you would never know.

    ReplyDelete