Friday, April 4, 2014

Lovenicky's April Garment - Simplicity 1688 Jacket

This is my April Garment - a Simplicity 1688 jacket. I have made some modifications to it so it doesn't look exactly like the pattern envelope. I have done a review of this at the Pattern Review site.  Beware: this jacket is very short and I had to lengthen it.

I'm happy with this but I want to tweak the back a bit to make it less boxy (perhaps add a curved centre back seam?). I'm hoping I'll get to wear it a lot during the Spring and Summer this year!


You can see more pictures of this jacket at My Blog. Happy sewing everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Turned out really good, and a nice jacket to wear from Spring to Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I will get to use it a lot this Spring/Summer too!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your fast finish! The jacket looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a very simple and quick to sew jacket. I recommend it!

      Delete
  3. I think you will get a lot of wear - and the longer length was a good idea. Luckily the jacket looks good on you as it is. Looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It's a quick to sew simple jacket that probably looks good on many body shapes too.

      Delete