Saturday, April 5, 2014

Late for March Tee Shirt

I swear I did finish this tee before midnight on March 31. It's been raining the last few days, though, so I didn't get a chance to grab a photo until yesterday. I dragooned my sister into being my photographer between showers.


This is Burdastyle 126 from February of 2013. It's your basic raglan tee, but you gather the edges of the sleeves on both sides before sewing them to the back and front. The design detail shows off better if you don't use a patterned fabric, like I did.

Not much clearer in the closeup, is it?
I like the open neck and the cute gathers, and I thought the short sleeves and flowery print qualified as Spring-y.

My pattern review is here on PatternReview.com, and there's more chat on my blog.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric. You're right in it being perfect for spring. I think that pattern is available for download. Yours is so pretty, I may have to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very well fitted top. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great top! Love the fabric. Congrats on your beautiful finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this variation on the t-shirt - the pattern actually works nicely with the sleeve gathers, I think. It's very pretty and most certainly spring like :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely top perfect for spring. Looks a really good fit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this pattern previously. Every time I see another version of this, I think I should try it again. My outcome was okay but I like how fitted yours looks. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely t-shirt! love the fabric and the fit is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look very nice in this tee shirt. Work it, girl.

    Cheers,

    Lyric

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you blouse. The fabric is perfect and it looks great for spring..

    ReplyDelete