Monday, April 28, 2014

I have a little thing for 50s peplum tops.... well maybe it's more than just a little thing. I've been day dreaming about having one... or more. As it turns out, I'm not the only one who is having thoughts of bygone fashions. I've notice that modern designers like Giambattista Valli are too.. how fun!

Here's my reveal:


For the full backstory on how this top started as a lonely curtain panel, visit my blog: http://sterlingthimble.blogspot.com/2014/04/50s-peplum.html


Happy sewing to you.

9 comments:

  1. Cute, but too funny as I have just completed a maxi from a polyester shower curtain! Yes, we're thinking outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it Jessica - I think it will be useful during summer outings - it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like peplums, too. When I was little, I thought my brother invented it. He made a Barbie doll skirt with a peplum for me when I was about five. I thought he was so clever. Still do, even though he didn't invent the peplum. :-) Nice top! I like the seam hint in your blog. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you adapted it from the dress pattern and made it hi/ low. The halter look s good on you too. I never met a fabric I didn't like- for something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful fabric and a very clever use of it, as well as of the pattern. It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I see "curtain panel". A gal after my own heart. I'm on way over to the blog.

    Cheers,

    Lyric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I finally picked my May project. Lo and behold it has a peplum. Check it out: http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/05/03/simplicity-1590-retro-blouse/

      Delete
    2. Thanks everyone. :)
      Lyric, I'll hop over and check it out. :)

      Delete