Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hello from Lovenicky and my April plans

Hi everyone! I'm Lovenicky from the blog 'Frou Frou by Lovenicky'. Thanks for letting me join your awesome community! As soon as I found out about Make A Garment A Month (MAGAM), I wanted to join it. I really enjoyed reading all about the fantastic sewists' projects and the final products. And I enjoy reading everyone's comments too.

For my MAGAM project for April, I think I'll make a jacket for Spring that can be worn in the summer as well. I like the look of the jacket on Simplicity 1688 by Cynthia Rowley. It looks like a boxy little jacket that I can wear with jeans or a dress.

I'm going to use stash fabrics as I embarrassingly just have too much of a fabric stash. This red medium to heavy weight linen may just do the trick. What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. Hi Lovenicky and welcome - glad we have success in getting your here. I think this dress is going to look divine. I think quite a few of us have very large stashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jacket will be lovely.

    l am also attempting to use up stash fabrics. Not always successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be cute as you can't go wrong with an additional jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! Btw I've been eyeing this pattern myself I love both the dress and the jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, and thank you for joining us! This will be a great staple piece with jeans, pants, and maxi skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love linen and the color is amazing. Best of luck with your project. :)

    ReplyDelete