Friday, April 4, 2014

Fast April Finish

Introducing my first, and really early, finish for April 2014!!


My new peach top in need of an iron!

I had made this NewLook 6808 top before and loved it. Unfortunately, I couldn't really wear it a lot because I made it of white linen and I'm very messy. Why I went with white, I have no idea. Anyway, while sorting my fabrics this year I remembered how wonderful this peach embroidered shirting was (from when I made my peplum top) and paired it up with this pattern.




I invite you to visit my blog and read all about my adventures in sewing. Also, you can read my original review, with modification, on this pattern over at PatternReview.com.

I hope you are getting along well with your April sewing plans! Best of luck to you. :)

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! As for the white linen version - perhaps you can dye it a different colour? It would be such a waste if you are not able to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. Great suggestion.... I never thought of dying it. :)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty top on you - it really is cute :) And ,what a great idea lovenicky has - linen should dye easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree. I'll have to look into that. I've never dyed anything before. :)

      Delete
  3. This top is sew way cute on you. My eyes are enjoying the pink color. This is a pattern that would not have caught my eye, but now . . . mmmm, work it, girl.

    Cheers,

    Lyric

    P.S. And you go girl with completing April so soon. You'll have a jump for May! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great looking top. I'll have to look for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete