Monday, April 28, 2014

Catching Up with April

There are still a few days left in April, and I'm planning to get something sewn! While avoiding working on my last March project I did sew up a blouse pattern; I have lots of the same yellow fabric left over so I'm going to try to make a skirt from the same. I don't have many skirts so thought this New Look 6215, view C (the greenish one) would be a good, fast project that would mix into my wardrobe well. This is my 'official' April MAGAM sew.




5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great project. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these drapey wrap skirts - I hope this one works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be very pretty. One caution - you should measure the overlap before you cut it out. If there isn't a lot and you're afraid it might flap open a little too revealingly, you can increase the bottom section for additional coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric is nice and drapey so I thought it might fit this pattern well -- Barbara, thanks for that tip. This pattern is good for that problem because the overlay sits on top of what is essentially a finished skirt -- so no gaps, whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh this is going to be nice! My favourite colour is yellow :)x

    ReplyDelete