Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April Plans - Shorts for Me- Simplicity 1618

                                     Sorry I did not meet my challenge for  March..  I have
                                     been sewing though..   I made Easter dresses for my 
                                     granddaughters [4 of them] and  I just didn't have time
                                     to sew for me.. See them here.

                                       
                                           http://sewblessedmaw.blogspot.com/



                                     April's challenge is  a quick and easy  sew.. I  am 
                                     retired and during the summer months, I wear simple
                                     shorts/tees every day..  I  noticed mine were all getting
                                     really worn.. I have used this short pattern before. Easy                  
                                     and is a good fit... Great for  summer  comfortableness. 
                                   
Simplicity 1618
Shorts

 5 pairs of shorts
cut out and ready to sew
[Denim,  Red drill,  light blue drill, tan  linen and some yellow denim]

                                              Next up.... Probably some  tee shirts?  But subject to change.

                                                           HAPPY   SEWING.

13 comments:

  1. Those dresses posted on your blog are gorgeous! You have nothing to apologize for, that's for sure. But you have earned the right to sew for yourself this month. Those shorts look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara.. The shorts are so simple, and I will get much use out of them. Using them for working in the yard, garden,etc

      Delete
  2. I agree with Barbara J. What beautiful dresses for all your granddaughters! All your grandchildren are so beautiful and handsome! Those shorts remind me of my mother making me summer shorts (knee-knockers then). She had several colors and tops to match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sharon.
    The simple shorts will be nice for working in the garden.yard. Cleaning,etc. I have 2 pair made and am working on the other 3 pair.. So easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - and as you have commented, very useful and practical as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah liz.. It is fun , sewing for me again.

      Delete
  5. Pretty fabrics for your shorts, Judy! Can not wait to see it finish and your picture wearing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Hana, I don't know about a photo of me wearing them.hahaha.
      I may break the rule of a photo in them..[these white legs need some sun..ha]

      Delete