Saturday, March 15, 2014

Playing Catch-Up in March!

Once again, I've taken ages to post my March garment! I've cut it out already but have finally remembered to post a picture...

I'm going to make Simplicity 1699, Dress view -- out of light cotton -- because I am Sick.Of.Winter!! It has been so wintery here, with a blizzard just 2 days ago and -20C predicted tonight. I need to encourage Spring to make an appearance, so am going to start right in on summer sewing.


This is my first attempt at making a dress from novelty quilting cotton, but it's a very light and fluid cotton. I've had it for at least 15 years as I bought it originally to make a quilt with the theme of Space Odyssey 2001. Hmmm. Never got made, so here goes with a starry dress! I'm going to add piping in the neckline and sleeve hems, something I've never tried before. I'm attempting to learn something new with each of my sewing projects this year, and this one is piping.



7 comments:

  1. Lovely quirky fabric I'm sure this will look really cute. What a good idea to learn something new with each project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dreams about using quilting cotton for a cute shirt. I should act on them.

    Your top will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric! Good luck with piping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piping will make your fabric 'pop'! And what a great idea to learn something new with each project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not wait for your finished garment. Very cute fabric and pattern. Good luck on the piping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect dress for piping. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting dress and look forward to seeing your piping.

    ReplyDelete