Thursday, March 13, 2014

March plans

I hadn’t planned to push into summer sewing just yet but when Ann at Gorgeous Fabrics declared March 22nd as International Cut Into That Fabric Day, it was just the nudge I needed to choose this month’s project.  I have some lovely rayon batik that I’ve been dithering over.  Barely a yard, just enough for a woven tank or other sleeveless shell-type of top.  I spotted Simplicity 1467 on someone’s blog and decided that was the one to try.   There isn’t quite enough of the batik; I won’t be able to squeeze in the facings. The facings are needed; I can’t replace them with bias binding so will have to find something in a soft, drapey woven.  Hancock’s is advertising some rayon challis so I will see if I can find a good color match. Suggestions, anyone?



Sorry the picture of the pattern is over exposed.  Adjusting the color for the material resulted in a skewed result for the pattern.    

4 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric I'm sure it will make a great little top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I love the pattern you've chosen and this fabric will make a perfect summer top. Sounds like you've got a good idea going to solve the facing problem. There's so many lovely colors in your batik, surely there's a pretty complementary solid you could find that would work. The colors are beautiful. Good Luck and can't wait to see it made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this fabric is beautiful! Perfect for an eye-catching top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric and as Lisa said you should be able to find a suitable solid for your facings.

    ReplyDelete