Sunday, March 30, 2014

Dawn's April Plans

For the month of April I have decided to make something I have never made before from a pattern company I have never used before. In fact this is something I have never even worn before either!

Dungarees!

It is not so much learning a new technique as the theme indicates this month but making something completely new and different (as in never made before) for the new Season. Plus I need to improve on my top-stitching skills!

I have chosen some black corduroy and I have a bit (literally!) of cotton fabric left over from a jacket (See Here) which I am going to line the bib with.

Happy April Sewing everyone :)
Dawn x


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun project. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im looking forward to it :)x

      Delete
  2. These are going to be so cute.. Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Something completely new to me! I cant wait to see them finished either lol :)x

      Delete
  3. This is outside your norm Dawn - it will be fun to see these made up and on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they certainly are Sarah Liz. I can't visualise me wearing them but we shall soon see! :)x

      Delete
  4. Dawn,

    You're a girl after my own heart. Right after fabrics with script writing, these Paris lines have caught my eye of late for some reason. I can't get enough of 'em. My go-to seller has been Imelda (eBay) and Scizzors at Etsy.

    Check out my MAGAM project for April:

    http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/versatile-wave-purse/

    Cheers,

    Lyric

    ReplyDelete