Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Turning Japanese for February

I have long enjoyed looking through all of the Pattern Magic books, and now the Drape Drape options which are growing on my bookshelf. I have been slightly put off making from the books because they seemed somewhat unwearable (particularly for a lady of my size and vintage!) but after spending all that money on the darn books, and doing two courses at Morley College (which I can strongly recommend by the way) I really feel it is time to make something I will actually wear. So….
A very wearable draped t-shirt.
A very wearable draped t-shirt.
Odd - but nicely so.
Odd – but nicely so.
For February I am proposing to make two garments. GASP! I have decided to make the strange but lovely ‘Two peas in a pod – A’ from the Pattern Magic Stretch Fabrics book (don’t ask how long I have had this!), and Model 4 ‘One piece scoop neck asymmetrical top’ from Drape Drape 2 which my sister bought me for Christmas.
More details on my blog

5 comments:

  1. OMG I can't wait to see what you will make. I also have the books and haven't started to make anything yet. It is my goal to do something from each book this year. I need to get motivated. :) I want the winter to go away first. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting patterns and look forward to seeing them. So far I have managed to avoid these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drape patterns look really interesting, I'm looking forward to see them made up & on a non-emaciated model... I'd like to try a pattern just for the construction experience. I don't think I'd ever wear it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thought about these books, but also decided "not now!". I shall enjoy watching how you make these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you make.

    I was browsing my library last night and saw "Drape Drape" and though - WOW!!! I didn't realize that was the actual title! I thought people were just saying "drape drape" as in drapey garments! hahaha! They had 2 pattern magic books too.

    Put me in the camp of -_- maybe in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete