Sunday, February 9, 2014

January's MAGAM Challenge Garment

Finally, it's done, ladies.  Thanks to my cheerleaders.  Actually I completed it last week but hubby took the photo about an hour ago.

I had a ball making this 1950's shirtwaist dress.  I do believe it was my first time using an authentic vintage pattern.  Thankfully I did not have to make ANY pattern alterations.  How cool is that?

Please click the link below for additional photos and particulars.

http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/january-make-a-garment-a-month-challenge/

Funny, I've known about my February MAGAM for weeks, ha ha ha.  Heck, I know March and April's too yet I digress.

Again, thanks to my cheerleaders, I really appreciate it.  This challenge is fun and is doubly fun when ladies like you take a moment out of your busy days to look and even read.

Now, I'm off to see what some of you are accomplishing!

Cheers,

Lyric


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the lovely dress. Lucky you, making no alterations.

    Meeting the monthly challenge does wonders for organizing the mind, don't you think? Gotta choose something and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barbara J:

      Thank you for stopping and making convo. It is SO encouraging to see folk take their precious time to do so in our busy world.

      And honey, I ain't opposed to changing my mind mid-stream, nope, ha ha.

      I have been making a list for upcoming months. So far I know what I'll make for March, April, and May. ;-) What about you?

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Hana, for saying so.

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen shirt dresses in ages! looks great!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo weee, Nanna, you made my day. My blog (life these days) is all about reverting MY ENTIRE WARDROBE to 1950's, 1940's, Regency and Edwardian wear. I figured blogging the good, bad, and the ugly would be a hoot.

      Won't you consider following my blog at http://www.sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com? I'd love to have you.

      Meanwhile I'm checking out your online presence.

      Cheers,

      Lyric

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Waving from the Rogue's Gallery, "Thank you, Accordion3" for taking the time to visit, look AND write.

      Hugs,

      Lyric

      Delete