Sunday, February 23, 2014

February Update and also some opinions please! :)

Hello Everyone
I hope you are all doing well with your February projects. I have enjoyed making my dress for this months theme! You can see my plans for February HERE and although It's finished all in good time I just need to get some photos taken which I will do soon and update here later this week. 

In the meantime I am making plans for the March Challenge and have chosen this pattern  and fabric

There is an attached tie belt on this dress, which I hope is visible on the photo. This is where any opinions would be much appreciated please! I am undecided to make the belt in the same fabric or in a contrast red? 
What do you all think? 
Any input will be greatly received :)

Thank you everyone and happy sewing :)x

Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn love the fabric. I'm sure this is going to look great. If your not sure about the belt I would leave making a decision until the dress is put together, when you could try the different colours against you wearing the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think getting hold of the exact right color of fabric can make or break the dress. If the red does not match spot on I say go for the cherries for the belt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pattern, and the cherry fabric is so pretty.. I like the idea of a red belt.. Pop of color would really bring it out.. Happy sewing. and look forward to seeing your Feb.make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tracy - when you have made the dress, play around and see what works - also think about your shape - see what suits you - some people look great with defined waists, and others, less so - in that case, self fabric would be better. You could also ring the changes and have a different belts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depending on your shape, you could made a self made belt or a navy belt to play it safe.
    A red belt would be the most fabulous option - but that's your decision:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your opinions :) I will go with the majority and see which looks best. the belt is attached in the side seams so I am going to make one red and one in the cherry fabric and pin each of them in separately to see which looks best when I get to the side seam stage.
    Thank you, much appreciated! :)x

    ReplyDelete