Thursday, February 20, 2014

February Garment - Something Warm


For our February garment, the challenge was to sew something white, something beaded, or something warm. White and me are not friends, except in dogs. Even in my young and dewy days, wearing white near my face brought out the yellow tones in my skin in a sadly unflattering way. So I went for the "something warm" part of the challenge.

We've been having unseasonably warm (and dry) weather here on the Central Coast, but I'm always up for another cozy garment. This is a Renfrew, one of my favorite patterns of all time. This one is made from a mystery knit that I got in Nevada City. It's light-weight, but has a brushed texture so it's warmer than you might think, and very soft against the skin.

More pictures over at Sewing In Surf City.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice. I really like the look of the Renfrew and you have made a lovely one. Great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I love the colours of this top, which can be seen better in your blog. This is a pattern I really must try there are so many lovely versions out there and i have read so much praise for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same problems with white here. Consequently I ware a pastel blue wedding dress. Mum was a little concerned...

    Your top is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, comfortable, easy to sew - what else could you want! I like that the colors sort of span the seasons, dark for winter but with a nice pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what a beautiful white friend your dog is :). The top is lovely - everyone seems pleased with the Renfrew, so I must try it too one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great on you!
    & your big puppy is adorable!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete