Friday, February 28, 2014

Change of plans

Last week I started a month long journey to find out whether I like my serger or I'll officially declare it a waste of space and sell it to the highest bidder. During a market sale I bought lots of (winter) knits for my experiments. My planned garment of the month was short sleeved, therefore I put it further down the queue and started with a long sleeved one and a skirt. This Deer and Doe shirt will now be my garment of the month February. Tonight I will wear it on a trip to Amsterdam, maybe I can get some pictures soon.

Deer and Doe Plantain

More construction details and progress during my ongoing Battle with the Serger can be found on my blog
Will be continued!




5 comments:

  1. Cute shirt and fabric choice. I just down loaded this pattern, can't wait to make it myself. Love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be over to find out the full story - it took me years to come to terms with my serger's ways, and it still outwits me. The finished result looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive outcome for a serger newbie. I have never gotten the hang of using mine for the first pass at the seams. The seam allowance is too wobbly. So I sew it first and go back for a second pass with the serger. I need to take inspiration from you and work at it until I have it mastered.

    ReplyDelete