Saturday, January 25, 2014

Virginias finished 'Postal Dress'

The 'Postal Dress' is finished, so called because it was a pattern traditionally bought via postal order from a magazine, and partly because red is the colour of the british postal service. Did you know the traditional robin on the christmas cards first started out as an emblem of support for the postie having to slog through the snow?

If you want to hear about my projects you can learn about theme here. I haven't got a definite plan for february, but I'm thinkin it might be a shirt?

6 comments:

  1. It is very pretty. You look lovely in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've left a comment on your blog...You look gorgeous in this dress - red suits you nicely. I like your little anecdote on why you call it the postal dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your red dress looks fantastic!! being red helps lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red! And your dress is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty red dress and love your anecdote!

    ReplyDelete