Saturday, January 11, 2014

Towanda's January challenge - done



My January commitment is done. I finished it last weekend and I like the final result. I used a sweater knit from www.Fabricmart.com  I bought it to make this twin set several months ago. I love cardigans and wear them a lot. Under the tops are a skirt and a pair of pants that I made from a wool crepe. This set is part of my winter 6PAC. Stitcher's Guild Winter 6 PAC  All of this fabric came from my stash. The wool crepe is about 2 years old from www.fabric.com. I bought 16 yards when they had one of their fantastic sales. I have enough scraps left to make a top as soon as I decide on a design. The sweater knit was a dream to sew with. I used a straight stitch at 3.5 and then finished the seams with the serger. Now I working on McCall's 6844.

13 comments:

  1. A fantastic wardrobe Towanda - and 16 yards of one fabric is serious shopping - but you have put it to brilliant use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, and what a wardrobe builder! Super-dooper, ally-ooper job LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wardrobe set. So stylish and wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great combo set! Love your fabric choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job... And you are going to fall in love with m6844- I think I've made about 6 of view c- and I actually jut got out of my sewing room from sewing another, but it's for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely - it really looks like a coordinated wardrobe. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your SWAP

    ReplyDelete