Saturday, January 11, 2014

Meigan's January Cardigan: McCall's 6844

Here is my January Garment of the Month. It is the very popular McCall's 6844 cardigan!



I chose the long version of this cardigan without the peplum.  I seem to be one of the few people who have made a non-peplum version.  This was simple to construct, and quick to sew. 

In case you have seen this pattern and are thinking about sewing it, be aware that it does run large, especially across the shoulders and upper bust, and the fronts will indeed meet and even cross!

 
See my blog entry over at Get My Stitch On!
 

5 comments:

  1. I like this! It's a basic that you'll be able to wear with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meigan, I agree with Beverly - this cardigan will have longevity. The fact you can wrap it over is not a bad thing - belt it and you will be warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, this pattern is great. I made the straight version and love it.

    ReplyDelete