Saturday, January 25, 2014

Kwik Sew 4028

This was my January garment of the month.
I had some concerns about this pattern because of the cut on sleeves and the potential low neckline.  I did add an inch and 1/2 to raise the neckline but it is still too low.  I think there is also a lot of fabric for the cowl neck that the weight of the fabric drape creates a pull down of the neckline also.  I have another cowl neck KS pattern that also was drafted very low.

This is the semi side view of the top.  It is okay but I have decided my best cowl neck knit top is Sewaholic Renfrew top.  I just completed my second version of that pattern and I like the look very much.

Still contemplating my February garment of the month.


6 comments:

  1. I think the neckline is usually personal choice, but it probably would be better higher. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Higher would mean you are more comfortable so therefore better for you. Can you alter the cowl at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the low neckline it does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Annie, it does look good, but like you, I prefer a higher and less droopy cowl. From the side it does look low. I'm sad that it turned out not to your liking, but you have helped me - I have the pattern and will make sure to test the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks nice on you and I do like the cut on sleeve here. Not too much excess fabric. But I agree that your Renfrews fit better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nuisance that the neckline is so low but now you know that the Renfrew is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete