Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jumping into January: Barn Jacket

Hi all! This is Welmoed, from There She Sews! I'm both tickled and terrified to be a part of the Make a Garment a Month Challenge; I really hope I can keep up with all the amazingly talented people who have already posted their projects for January!
My first project will be a barn jacket, modeled after the Green Pepper Frenchglen Jacket. I'm using Patternmaster Boutique to draft the pattern; I rarely use commercial patterns anymore, but do still refer to them for construction details and inspiration.
Here's the fabric (a green denim for the outer shell, and a quilted polyester for the lining) and the pattern, ready to be started. I'll be making a muslin first, of course.
I'm planning on doing most of the work for this jacket at a sewing retreat later this month. Read more about the project on my blog!

3 comments:

  1. You lucky lady, going on a sewing retreat - I've turned the colour of the fabric :). This will be a lovely jacket, and I think that you may well have lots of skills that we will soon find out about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a sewing retreat how wonderful and love the colour of your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely colour and I am sure you will come home from your retreat with a lovely jacket

    ReplyDelete