Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January Project: McCall's 6711

My sewing challenge for January was to try a new technique, and so I chose to sew this more constructed jacket pattern out of a soft sweater knit, using McCall's 6711.



Even with the adjustments to the fit, I am happy with this jacket. The fabric is a very soft, double-sided sweater knit with minimal one-way stretch. I paid all of $1.50 for the 2 yards when I purchased this at an estate sale a few months ago.
You can read more details and see more pictures when you visit my blog.

7 comments:

  1. I love the style of that jacket! you did a fantastic job!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful jacket and glad you have worked out the fit for the next version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely! What a great fabric find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty jacket! I love the style and the fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely jacket - wonderful that you set yourself a challenge and did so well with it.

    ReplyDelete