Thursday, January 9, 2014

January Plans
Greetings All, I'm Sharon Hughes from Sitka, Alaska and I'm excited to join you in the Make a Garment a Month challenge.  (I'm also new to blogging to may need some help in that department.)
 My January Garment project will be BurdaStyle magazine pattern 128AB.  I have some stripped rayon jersey knit that I purchased a few months ago from Girl Charlee Fabrics on-line.  I will make a change to the pattern by adding a center front seam so I can put the strips on a 45 degree angle, chevron look.  Sure hope it looks OK and doesn't make my figure larger.
Until Later,
Sharon
Sharonsewingstudio.BlogSpot.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon and welcome - with the stripes placed on an angle, it should be quite slimming. I can't wait to see how you go with this - I'm playing with a dolman sleeve top at the moment as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging isn't that hard, really. You get better at it the longer you do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragements!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon. so proud you joined us for the sew a long.
    Look forward to seeing your top.. Happy sewing and Happy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Sharon, before long you will be as addicted to blogging as the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete