Monday, January 6, 2014

January garment M6241 is a very easy blouse. I have started this commercial patterns but never finish them because for some reason I dont understand the instruction I always finish the garment very different of what I start but for this year I promise to finish from start to finish.... And the reason for all this trouble in the comercial patterns is that I am a student in fashion design and I notice that the patterns are design  differently and I get all mix up.  I hope soon to show you what I come out with.

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie, there are lots of differences between home sewing and commercial techniques, but lots of overlaps as well. The seam allowances are different for a start, as are some construction methods. If you have not done much sewing, this will be confusing. I suggest you forget what you learn at design school and follow the instructions. And when you are at design school, forget what you learn in commercial patterns. You will find in time you will be able to intergrate the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely plans and great fabric. You will be able to enter your lovely blouse in Jungle January with that beautiful animal print

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric and I look forward to seeing your blouse.

    ReplyDelete