Sunday, January 19, 2014

January plans

Hi, everyone!  I'm late to show you all my first garment plan - not just the first for 2014 but the first as part of this wonderful group.  Thanks, Sarah, for all your work in setting it up.

I'm starting with Vogue 8919.  I would have made more progress on this garment by now but life got in the way.  You all know how that is!  After the fabric arrived I dithered over what color to use for the main part of the dress.   I eventually settled on dark brown on the thought that it would not fight with the bright colors in the geometric print.  Now the fabric been washed, cut and sewing has commenced.  With luck, I'll have a completed dress to show you soon.

Barbara




 


9 comments:

  1. Can not wait to see your dress. Those fabrics are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is super! I cannot wait to see it on you! Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look fabulous in those fabrics. Can't wait to see it done :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric and look forward to seeing your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the print and how you'll be using it. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments. I sure hope I do justice to the fabric. It's a lovely soft knit from Mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara and welcome - I'm slow up with my comment, computer problems. Yes, life happens :). I love the geometric fabric - no wonder you wanted to think about how to use it. Looking forward to seeing the dress.

    ReplyDelete